Thursday, November 20, 2008

Fires in Yorba Linda

So just recently there has been huge fires in many areas. One which some what effected me. Yorba Linda is a block away from me. I could see the fires from my apartment. My friends who lived on Yorba Linda had to evacuate. Some friends went all the way home which is about 6 hours away, some even went to Las Vegas. I on the other hand went to my home town in Rancho Palos Verdes, which is about 30 to 40 minutes away. Even though the air was still bad and hard to breathe, it wasn't anywhere as bad as in Yorba Linda. Once you walked outside your eyes would start to burn, breathing would get harder and you'd be sweating from heat. You don't even want to turn the air conditioning on because that lets the smoke in. Staying in Palos Verdes was much better. One thing that i thought was very interesting was the church in Chino Hills. The church did not get burned down, not even an inch but every where around the church was burned down. The fire made a u-turn around it. It was pretty remarkable. AND luckily, even though my apartment was only a block away, my apartment was safe and sound. Im sure the only reason for this was because the block separating my apartment from Yorba Linda is Cal State Fullerton and I'm SURE that those fire fighters would not let the college get burned down.

No comments: